Ayesha has been a worship leader for over 13 years and is currently the worship leader at Ebenezer House of Worship. Ayesha has served in various capacities in the church alongside her mother.
She is passionate about ushering people into the presence of God during worship, where they are active participants and not spectators.
Ayesha Carty Worship Leader
WHAT IS PRAISE?
Praise is the expression of warm approval for another or for something. It is the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship. The worship team at EHoW are humbled by their calling to lead Praise and Worship.
- To create a habitation for the presence of God to be manifested. Psalm 22:3 – But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
- We express our approval, thankfulness, and respect for Almighty God by offering praises to Him. This kind of thankfulness then becomes part of our worship of the Great God.
- God invites praise of all kinds from His creation. Jesus said that if people don’t praise God, even the “stones will cry out” (Luke 19:40)
Manuel Montero – Worship Leader
WHAT IS WORSHIP?
- Worship is an expression of how you feel about God. Everyone cannot do it. It requires relationship.
- Worship is an attitude of the heart. A person can go through the outward motions and not be worshiping (Psalm 51:16-17; Matthew 6:5-6). God sees the heart, and He desires and deserves sincere, heartfelt praise and worship.
- Worship is what you know about God for yourself. Indicates relationship.
- Great example is in Isaiah 6 – sitting on a throne high and lifted up.
Rasheed Selman – saxophonist
WHY DO WE WORSHIP?
It is through true worship that we invite the Holy Spirit to speak to us, convict us, and comfort us. Through worship, we realign our priorities with God’s and acknowledge Him once more as the rightful Lord of our lives
- It is a command and we want to be obedient to his command – Matthew 4:10 – Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.
- We want to honor him
- We Love him – “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength” (Deuteronomy 6:5).
- We see him as worthy
Nicola Webbe – Drummer
“Give unto the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.” Psalm 29:2
Malcom Thomas – keyboard player
“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.” John 4:23
Sunday Morning Worship 10:30am – 12:30pm
Ebenezer House of Worship, The Courtyard Marriott, 63R Boston Rd, Boston MA 02125